Monday, April 16, 2007

Virgina Tech Victims Are In My Prayers

Say Uncle has a great round up of events

I am going to take a step back from this. My First reaction was, of course, horror. My next reaction was, see, those damn gun free zones don't do shit to stop gun violence. I ranted and raved at work about how the GFW have made it their business to deny those students the right to defend themselves and so forth. Upon further reflection I have decided that that is 100% wrong headed.

Now don't misunderstand me, if a CCP holder had happened to have been nearby things might have turned out different, Maybe. Upon reflection I realized that many of those kids were well under 21 and CCPs would be few and far between. So? What now? Where can I vent my considerable anger at this situation. Well I started thinking about my own family and in a few years I will have a child in college, where do todays events leave me?

I have come to one inescapable conclusion, Why were those children not protected?

Seems like a fair question. We put money and gold things in vaults with locks and guards. I am not saying lock up the kids but how about some access control, how about some quick response to situations, how about paying attention when somebody gets shot and not playing it down to something simple and easy to control. How come our most valuable item on the planet is openly available to slaughter? This question should ring louder than any other. Not more gun control, not more laws, not missed signs, but

who the f**k is protecting our children!!!!!!!!!!!

The families in Virgina are paying over $20000.00 per year to that institution and they cannot even defend against one man?? Unless more info comes to light in the next few days then I think VT should be held responsible for each and every death. The entire security apparatus should be scrapped and revamped. In fact I think campus security as a whole should be re-looked nation wide. We must protect our most valuable possessions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home