Thursday, January 19, 2006

I have been thinking about this kid..

via schultzie I think that the parents of the pellet gun kid will sue and will probably win. My issue is with the legislature trying to make even more laws making it illegal to point a toy gun at an officer. I am pretty sure that will take care of itself in the long run(Darwinism). I would be in favor of a law that prohibits suing in cases where the officers had every right to do EXACTLY what they did. I admire police for the job they do. I could not be a policeman. I would shoot somebody on the first day, either because I asked them to get out of the car and they told me to go F myself or because some jackass would do something like this pellet gun thing and I would say to myself, in the blink of an eye, I am going home today no matter what, and would blast the forementioned idiot into the next life.

I have mentioned on this blog before of my affinity for the use of common sense. This seems like a good time to use it. Look at the situation, grieve for the parents of and for the child, say "oh well he got what he asked for", and go on with life. Case closed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rodger the Real King of France said...

I don't think they will win in court, but I do expect
to see 60 Minutes do an expose in an attempt to create another Lawn
Jarts hysteria (kids praying that Santa would bring them a set?) , which will be followed by legislators rushing to prohibit the sale of pellet guns that look like guns.

7:03 AM  
Blogger t3rrible said...

Yep, I can see it. Another nanny stateism. I fall back time and time again on Darwin and survival of the fittest(read smartest)Let the rest kill themselves out of the gene pool.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, every toy gun we had as kids looked real. Somehow we managed to survive. If it was a toddler I could understand the controversy, but an 8th grader?!

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home