Friday, March 24, 2006

Is he saying what I think he is saying?

Glenn Reynolds ( instapundit) says Israel does not have the sack to square away Iran

At least that is what I think he said. If so, I humbly disagree. Now I am nowhere near as adept at world political thought as Glenn but, I still believe that Israel has the wherewithal to do what needs to be done and they are just looking for a head nod from the US. With maybe a few planes thrown in for good measure.

Now don't get me wrong. A quick perusal of this blog and one might come to the conclusion that I am a Damn the torpedoes, Kill 'em all let God sort 'em out kinda dude, that could not be further from the truth. I am the guy always breaking up fights. Always the peacemaker. But in this instance I think we (western civilization) are just giving Iran the time they need to either make a bomb or hide/protect evidence of said bomb making. Somebody smart once said a good defense is a good offense. This may have not been the exact situation he had in mind but, it still fits. I cannot see a diplomatic way out of this one. At least not for Israel. Iranian president ihavenoideahowtospellhisname has already said that he believes that Israel should be wiped off the map and Iran is trying to get the capability to do just that. I don't think turning the other cheek will work in this instance for it will be just as blown to bits as the other one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home