Friday, March 03, 2006

New gun laws

Via Uncle

I am more interested in the restaurant carry bill that Neify has successfully stalled. As it is I bet more people that you imagine just break that particular law. I am going to carry when I am out to eat. I do not drink so I am no danger.

The state of Tennessee would have me be unarmed in the exact place where most robberies occur, the corner gas station. This is totally unacceptable. The way I read the law, it is illegal to carry anywhere that alcohol is served or sold. This means gas stations, grocery stores, and the like. So why can't I carry at the grocery? It is illegal to drink any alcohol I buy on the premises but I cannot legally carry a weapon. Why is this? This seems arbitrary to me. I wonder how much leeway an officer has in this situation. On that note I am not sure I want there to be any leeway, I want to be able to exercise my Second Amendment Right wherever I choose.

p.s. As a rule I don't hunt with .223, I have but it was, uhmm, unproductive. I recommend a 30-30 or 30.06.


UPDATE: It appears that the law was changed so it is only illegal to carry where alcohol is sold for on-site consumption. So I now only break the law half as much.
H/T Uncle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home